In chronic pain the focus of treatment needs to be on managing the pain and improving day-to-day function and quality of life. Dr. Malcolm Hogg is the Head of Pain Management Services at Royal Melbourne Hospital, and he will provide insights into how chronic pain is best managed by a multidisciplinary pain management plan.
- Increased understanding and appreciation of chronic pain
- Better understanding of the role of behavioural strategies such as: fitness, social activities, sleep, relaxation, diet and social support in the management of chronic pain
- Knowledge of strategies to encourage self-management
- Knowledge of specific strategies proven to help the brain manage chronic pain
- Understanding of the bio-psycho-social approach to pain management
- Increased knowledge of medications used in chronic pain
CPD hours: 1