Cardiorespiratory Physiotherapy Level 1 is a wholly virtual course comprising an online self-paced component Part A, followed by a live virtual classroom Part B. It covers a range of cardiorespiratory skills in managing clientele across the continuum of care. Part B has lively discussions between learners and expert presenters and the opportunity to ask questions along the way.
The course is ideal for recent graduates, physiotherapists moving into this practice area or experienced physiotherapists wishing to complete CPD in cardiorespiratory practice.
Part A consists of eleven online self-paced modules:
- Anatomy and Pathophysiology
- Assessment of the Cardiorespiratory Patient
- Interpretation of Investigations
- Oxygen, Humidification and Inhalation Therapy
- Airway Clearance
- Advanced Airway Clearance
- Non-invasive Positive Pressure Therapy
- Tracheostomy Assessment and Management
- Pre-operative Physiotherapy in the Surgical Patient
- Exercise Across the Continuum
Diagram: Undertaking Cardiorespiratory Physiotherapy Level 1
On completion of Part A, participants will be able to:
- Perform a comprehensive and systematic assessment of cardiorespiratory patients
- Integrate assessment finding and theoretical knowledge to identify and prioritise the patient’s key cardiorespiratory problems to tailor physiotherapy intervention
- Describe the physiotherapy management of individuals with different cardiorespiratory conditions in various clinical settings, including chronic lung disease, cardiovascular disease, critical illness, and surgical populations
- Describe the key principles of exercise testing, exercise prescription and rehabilitation in different clinical settings (acute, sub-acute, outpatient and community)
- This course is designed and suitable for qualified physiotherapists.
- Part A is the pre-requisite for Part B. Part A must be completed prior to undertaking Part B.
Important note: Part A must be successfully completed before you can progress to Part B. If you register for Part B, joining details for the live virtual session will not be available until Part A is completed.
Image: PALMIHELP, Canva.com